Last week & Graduation!

Finally, sitting comfortably at my home in Michigan, I can reflect on how the last week of camp went. It was a good week with a great group of girls grades 3-5. The only difference this time was the amount of girls we had each day. Sunday afternoon-Tuesday morning was consistent, then we gained a new day camper, and later in the evening we gained a 7 year old girl from a different cabin (our youngest) and our third counselor, who had been home for a funeral. The following morning we gained another day camper, but later a different camper got picked up because of home sickness. On Thursday morning two of our day campers didn't show up and at night one of our girls threw up and spent the rest of the night in the health center and didn't join us on Friday until after all of our day campers had come back and joined us. It was somewhat confusing having a different number of campers every day, especially whenever we would leave a location. I would do the usual head count to make sure we had everyone, only to stop and ask myself "how many are we supposed to have today anyway?"

I only have one word to explain how I made it through the last week: GOD! Monday and Tuesday evenings especially I remember just feeling done, like I couldn't go on. Whenever those feelings of exhaustion would sweep over me I would cry out to Him for the strength to simply take the next step, say one more word, respond to one more rambling story, or smile at another silly antic. I'm so thankful that He gave us such a great group of girls too, they all loved the Lord and wanted to grow in their relationship with Him.

Sunday morning I officially finished my first year at  the Word of Life Bible Institute! I walked across the stage and received my diploma for completing one year at the BI, but I will be going back for a second year in just a few weeks. It's hard to believe that I have already spent almost an entire year in upstate New York. It's been a year filled with ups and downs, lessons learned, friends made, and lives touched. 

Comments

  1. Welcome home, Rachel! I am excited to see where God leads you next

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo