Week 5

This last week my two co-counselors and myself ended up with 16 girls ranging from 8-10 years old, but Sunday afternoon started with only one camper. The two of us just sat on the porch of our cabin for and hour and forty-five minutes and spent most of the time talking about God and her family. She loves the Lord and wants to live a life pleasing to Him. She has an amazing relationship with her entire family, and it was really touching to see how she interacted with her older brother during the week. We talked about how she prays for everything, big or little, and sees God answering her prayers (which was a needed reminder for me).

Monday night five of our girls responded to the invitation to ask Jesus to save them from their sins. One of them was already saved, but wanted to know how to stop gossiping because she knew God hates it, and the other four became a part of God's family that night. One of them didn't have any previous knowledge of God, what Jesus had done for her, or anything about the Bible, so I talked with her several times throughout the week to give her as much help as I could. I always love watching them change from being unsaved at the beginning of the week, to growing, learning, and getting closer to God throughout the rest of the week!

Throughout the week two of the girls had issues getting along with one another to the point that I needed to sit them down Tuesday afternoon to talk it out. I went through Matthew 18:15-16 and used an example from my past to show how ignoring the problem doesn't work but following God's pattern does. It was a very needed conversation and both understood that I was asking them to forgive each other, but one of them was not willing. I talked to both of them individually later, but it still came to head again Thursday in the middle of the lunch line. I couldn't deal with it then, so I told the one I would be having a conversation with her later. At first it was hard to talk with her, but then I realized there was a deeper issue and focused on that. She wouldn't give me details, but someone in her past had hurt her and every time she thought about it, it made her sad, angry, grumpy towards other people, and unforgiving. God really helped me get through to her and giver her the advice (and love) that she needed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo