Failure or Success?

I got frustrated and wanted to give up. It had become harder than I had initially thought. 

I had promised Mama R that I would teach her how to do it. I had been looking forward to giving hand-made gifts to new mamas and watching their faces light up with joy. I had already bought a lot of the needed supplies.

Unfortunately, the first blanket I attempted to crochet was tiny and dense. I had not planned well. Then, I attempted a not-so-beginner-friendly stitch... and failed. That's when I wanted to give up. 

The world of crochet, however, is forgiving. Going back to square one, I practiced making a square with each different stitch. I unraveled and reworked the squares many times until they were perfect.

Confident enough to move forward, I planned and prepared for my next blanket. I measured out the appropriate lengths. I chose the color scheme I wanted. Then I went to work.

Baby blanket in progress

At first, I had to make a few adjustments, but I am determined to succeed. I don't want to give up or be a quitter. I want to create a connection with Mwani women so that I can tell them about the One who created them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo