Clinging to the Rock

It's been a difficult journey.

This time last year I was recovering from the trauma and after-effects of the cyclone that hit this area. I thought, at this time last year, that things would get easier after such a major natural disaster. But it has been one thing after another, steadily going downhill.

I had Typhoid Fever, said goodbye to close teammates, dealt with a nasty guard situation, had a tropical storm that left us with a half-flooded, moldy house, I lost a family friend to cancer, and several confidential problems and challenges have come up along the way. My team and I live in constant alert of the insurgent attacks just north of us, we were temporarily removed from Pemba because of the rumors of attacks, and of course the worldwide Covid19 crisis that affects us all.

I am so worn down that some days are a struggle to just keep going.

Over a month ago a friend told me she has watched God change and grow me. She pictured me standing on a rock in an ocean with waves swirling around me, getting battered by a storm, but braced firmly against it on the Rock. Now, just a month later, I feel like all I can do is cling to that Rock with every ounce of strength I have left as the rest of me gets beaten and battered by each wave of the storm.


Big Waves Crash Over 40ft High Rock - YouTube

One truth I know, the Rock and my Redeemer, has not moved. He still stands strong, as a beacon of hope and strength for those who do not have any left. That is why I cling to Him.
The God of angel armies.
The Lord of Hosts.
The Living Rock.

When I do not even have the strength to cling to Him and want to let the waves carry me away, He still holds me fast. He will not let me go. His presence is real. He goes behind and before me. He will never leave or forsake me. He will carry me through to the end.

He Will Hold Me Fast by Keith and Kristyn Getty

Comments

  1. Oh Rachel, thank you for your honesty and pure faith. Thank you for sharing your heart and the truths of the Gospel. I am praying for you and with you that God will hold you fast and keep you in the palm of His hand.
    You don't know me but I heard you speak at Grace Bible Church, Grandville, Michigan before you left for Pemba and I have followed you and prayed for you ever since.
    Thank you for living out the Great Commission.
    Love because of Christ,
    Darla Chinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement, they are very appreciated!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo