Thankful during Covid-19

During this pandemic it can be easy to focus on everything that is going wrong: plans that have changed, ministry that cannot go on as normal, and lives that have been affected. But I have been reminded repeatedly this week of the importance of looking up to God and trusting Him.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

I am thankful for the steadfast love of God.

I am thankful that God has answered my prayer request of being intentional and creative with my time while being under restrictions for health, safety, and prevention reasons.

I am thankful I can still call people in the community to see how they are doing and maintain our relationships even though it is hard not being able to visit them in person. 

I am thankful I have still been able to study and make progress on the language, even from within my own home.

I am thankful for team leaders who look out for us, do what they can for us, and continually bring our focus back to God.

I am thankful for an awesome housemate. We cook and eat meals together, talk together, learn the language together, and go through each unexpected challenge together. I could not imagine going through this season living on my own.

I am thankful for internet which allows me to connect with family, friends, and supporters in other countries via Zoom, Skype, email, WhatsApp, and Facebook.

I am thankful that the Lord is sovereign and in control of all things and I do not need to be afraid.

I am thankful that God saved me and granted me eternal life. I look forward to the day when I will be in His presence where "...death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore... His servants will worship Him. They will see His face..." (Revelation 21:4; 22:3-4)

I am thankful that until that day comes, I have the privilege to share with others what Jesus has done for me and offer them the opportunity to believe in Him as Lord and Savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo