S.M.A.SH. (Durban)

Students Ministering And Serving Him in Durban

As God deepens my desire for Him I get to see Him do the same in the hearts and lives of the teens participating in the mission's trip down in Durban, South Africa. I will step onto a bus in Johannesburg Friday morning (Sep 30) and step off in the coastal city of Durban. I will be traveling with Quillan, one of the DTC students, and joining the Word of Life staff down there to help them lead the trip. 
This is an opportunity for me to apply the many lessons God has been teaching me recently: 

  • In my Dynamics of Discipleship class I'm learning how to have deeper conversations and draw people closer to the Lord. 
  • My General Psychology professor asked how understanding who I am (personality strengths and weaknesses) can impact my ministry involvement. 
  • While reading The Pursuit of God I've been challenged about spending my first waking hours with God in His Word and in prayer. 
  • Flexibility - a common theme this year. I do not know what my exact role is on this mission's trip, but I know I will be helping the teens learn about missions. 
  • In youth on Friday's and Sunday's I've been stretched outside my comfort zone to initiate conversations. 
My 10 days in Durban (Sep 30 - Oct 10) will teach me more lessons, but I am more excited to see what God is going to teach each of the youth on the trip and the impact we will have on the lives of the people we will be serving. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo