Evangelism on Ice

Evangelism on Ice: Not what you would expect to read from Africa, I know, but take the opportunities God gives to you. As a special treat a group of us went ice skating last Saturday at a nearby mall. My friend Macy noticed someone struggling and offered to help her, I came along the other side of her and we taught her how to ice skate. Vinolia is a university student and it was her first time trying to ice skate. We found out she had come with her friend Thandeka, who also needed help learning. While taking a break Macy started sharing the gospel with them and I joined in to offer illustrations and to support what Macy was saying. While they had a basic understanding of the Bible the simplicity of the gospel was new to them. I can confidently say Thandeka understood and is now sure of her salvation but I am a little less sure of Vinolia. We have been following up with them throughout this week and have invited them to come to the Women's Conference Word of Life South Africa is hosting on May 28. Please continue for opportunities to encourage them with the Word of God and pray that they truly do understand the gospel and the means by which they are saved. 

Autumn weather: The tree outside my room is turning red and dropping its leaves. It reminds me of the beautiful fall trees in Michigan. I got to rake leaves with several of the students the other day.

Thank you: To all of you who support me through finances and/or prayer. Your partnership in this internship is highly appreciated and does not go unnoticed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo